Friday, January 29, 2010

Slowly but surely



We finished our bedroom...sort of! We have been living in this completely under-rated gorgeous master bedroom for the last year, due to my partial color blindness (or at least that's what I blame). When we first bought the house, we painted a nice accent wall in our master. Well, it wasn't the warm taupe that I envisioned - it was gold. Yep, like purple and gold - go Dawgs. Who can decorate around that?! So for Christmas, my wonderful husband said that I could get new bedding for our room, and that we could re-paint the wall (he had originally told me that since I picked the ugly gold, I just had to live with it). Man, was I excited! We spent all last Saturday taping, cleaning, prepping and finally painting our room Elephant Grey (that's what the paint color was called). I LOVE IT! It adds a level of sophistication to our master that sure as heck NEVER existed before. Granted, I still have a few finishing touches to add to the walls (hang a couple more pieces of artwork, possible drapes, etc.) but as you can see from the picture above, we had a lot of work to do to make it look like anything like a married couples should.

The picture is slightly misleading because I realized I never took a picture of the ugly bedding and ugly gold that existed prior (for good reason). I'm also starting to see a pattern with my pictures. The last two posts, I have to put in the disclaimer "slightly misleading" - haha. This isn't my real life, just the life that I want you all to see. :)




Next up - baby's room!

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, sweetie! Good job, kids! We all KNOW that this isn't representative of your REAL life . . . good job for faking us all out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good! Now come and do my room!!!
    can't wait to see baby's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Dempsey wears it so well... looks great !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...