Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby, Baby, Baby

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." - Psalm 127:3.

Michelle was so generous and opened up the Meeks home to all of us Staff gals/wives last night for an awesome double baby shower for Leah and I. What an evening! We are so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women and I just absolutely adore all of the times when we all get to be together and just enjoy each other's company.

Michelle served up some delicious homemade lasagna, accompanied by Leanne's caesar salad and yummy garlic bread. There was no agenda, no need for silly games - just socializing, laughing, and sharing life together. I absolutely loved it.

Of course everyone was extremely generous with the presents they shared with Leah and I for our baby boys. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have people in my life that are going through the same season as me, OR who have just recently gone through it and can share their wisdom and encouragement. Kendra said something of particular notability when she reminded Leah and I that no matter what, we are the chosen parents for our baby boys. God didn't choose anyone else to raise Rad and Baby Carb - he chose Blake and I, and Leah and Phil. That just really hit home and made me fully appreciate the gift that this little boy is inside of me. God picked me.

Here are a couple of fun pics from the evening!

The whole gang.


Little baby Jace.


Super funny moment when Jessica accidentally spilled red wine on Jessica Kretz, as she was showing us our proposed "meet and greet" song. Thank goodness for a brown couch!


Two of my favs - Amy and Kendra.


Leah, me and our boys! Only 2 weeks apart!


And then of course there is always the fun loot that we get to enjoy! Here are just a couple of highlights of everyone's generosity!



Little miss crafty Aaron made these ADORABLE customized screen print onesies for Leah and I. Mine of course didn't say "I'm Rad". :)


LOVED these! Crafty little stool from Kylie, ADORABLE green rainboots from Tahnee, and a mini-Blake outfit from Kendra!


"Tell Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel with this special blessing:
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.
Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them." (Numbers 6:23-27)
Thanks Michelle!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics!!! Wish I could be there for all of this fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I can't believe how big your tummy has gotten in just a month!! But the rest of you looks so great! Great pics, sweetie! Looks like you had a great time and that your friends were very generous. Loved the mini-Blake outfit. Peed my pants. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button