Monday, June 21, 2010

Family Creed

Do you guys have one? Now that Brecken is officially here (and someday more Carbonattos), I want to be very intentional about how we live and spend our time. Ryan (our pastor) a few weeks back said something that just totally resonated with me and hasn't left. He said that someday we are going to stand before God and He's going to ask us "What did you do with what I gave you?" Blake and I have had several conversations about what this means and looks like for us in the last couple of weeks, and I'm feeling like it would be a good idea to articulate it in writing somehow so that Brecken knows what kind of household he is going to be raised in and can jump on board for what the Carbonattos stand for when it's time for him to make his own choices.

I don't want it to be a list of rules, but rather a legacy. It has to be a timeless outline of guidelines on how we will live. How are we going to live so that we can excitedly answer God when he asks us that inevitable question someday?

Plus, I've got this frame up in my house that currently has some ugly homemade art from when we first moved in and I'm dying to put something more substantial and more appetizing to the eye there - a family creed just might do the trick!

1 comment:

  1. I love this :) So thankful for you! And that Brecken will grow up with a mom & dad that love God and desire to live a life that reflects and glorifies Him. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...