Thursday, July 22, 2010

Healthy Baby

I am so insanely grateful to have a healthy baby. It brings me to tears when I think about how blessed I am to have a happy, healthy growing little boy. I literally hold him in my arms and just well up listening to him breathe, watching him twitch - thinking he is mine. All mine. I do not deserve the grace that God gives. What a gift it is to be a parent. To be entrusted with this specific little boy. God has given me the responsibility, and privelege, to raise him to be a God-honoring man. To know Him. My job is to love Brecken and teach him wisdom beyond books. Wow.

Today, I ask you to join with me in praying for a couple of friends that I know through church who are having a tougher journey to parenthood. One of the gals miscarried this morning - she was about 9 weeks along. Another gal had an ultrasound on her twins that are due in October, and one of the babies appears to be very very sick (kidney, heart, and spine complications). No matter how far removed you are from these specific people, as a mom, daughter, friend, or cousin you can relate to the joy of a newborn baby. These ladies deserve to know that joy. I know that God is bigger than all of these circumstances but I ask that you join me in praying for these two women. They both will be great moms, but right now need the comfort and strength of our Lord. We ask for that through prayer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button