Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just Leave It At The Store...

{Don’t buy anything on sale that you wouldn’t consider at full price}

Why is this so hard for me? My husband regularly gets mad when I come home with a new purchase, that he swears I don't have a purpose. Oh contrare, I always inform him, I will wear this or our house for sure needs this . Fast forward a couple of weeks (okay, maybe months) and the item will still be sitting there with the TAGS ON IT. Whoops. I probably picked it up on an impulse buy because it was such a good deal. Or I might have just picked it up in a bout of retail therapy with really no vision for how it would legitimately fit into my life.

To top it off, the kicker always comes when Blake actually goes to return the merchandise (after I've gone back and forth for months - "No, I'm going to use that" or "I just haven't finished decorating here - that will go in this room") and the store will only provide us with store credit instead of a refund because it's been past their (lame) 30 day return policy. Crap, now I'm stuck with giftcard money to the likes of TJ Maxx, Ross, Target, etc.

I think part of me just sees those red numbers on a price tag and a sudden adrenaline rush surges. You know what I'm talking about. A DEAL! Subconsciously I must think if this is just at my house/closet long enough, I'm SURE I'll need it. The true test of whether or not it was a good purchase though is if I come home, and put it to use RIGHT AWAY. If I'm wearing that new sweater within 24 hours - it was a great purchase. But if that sweater is still sitting there in my closet after 3 days...it probably should go back.

Now, I need to go upstairs and decide if I should return those jeans I just bought or not...

1 comment:

  1. I think all women can relate. I still have tags on a few items hanging in the closet. Blake sounds just like his Dad. Love and Miss you all. Thanks for all the updates and pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...