Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keeping Up with the Joneses

Do you ever feel the pressure to keep up with the Joneses? I DO! {Who are the stinkin Joneses anyway??}






Whether it's new clothes, having the cutest or most advanced baby, a new fancy schmancy car, or even the funniest or coolest looking blog! It's SO hard (for me) to not want to be able to do all of these things SO well. For what purpose? I have to check myself regularly to ask why am I spending 30 minutes browsing new blog layouts that I could have. For example, check out my friend Kelsey's blog - SO stinkin cute right! Or my friend Debt Ninja - so advanced and thought-provoking (or I just mostly like the cartoons). Sometimes the urge to watch Gossip Girl and see all those fun cute clothes that they wear just sucks me right into the TV. And then the episode ends and I feel like I {need} to dress like that. UGH! I just want to keep up the stinkin Carbonattos! I can't keep up with the Joneses, Vanderwoodsens, or Kardashians for that matter.

{Learning to be content today}...no Joneses in this household.

1 comment:

  1. It's natural for us all!! I am jealous you get to cuddle that sweet boy of yours .... haha! Don't tell Gabe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...