Thursday, October 28, 2010

Children Are the Orgasm of Life

Well that's a mighty bold statement Ashley.

"Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them."

This is one of the (odd) but insightful phrases on my lululemon bag (thanks Steph for being the car buddy up to the outlets).

At first when I saw it, I thought "geez...that's an interesting way to put it", but then I got to thinking that maybe there was some serious truth to that. Without indulging you too much into the Carbonatto household (Blake would die), I have come to know and appreciate SO much in the last (almost) 6 months from Brecken, and sort of agree (on some level) with the lovely people at Lululemon Athletica (aside from their clear genius in ability to make the cutest and most comfortablest hoodies in the world). Mind you, their target audience are not small children who would read this and proceed to ask mommy a bagillion totally awkward questions, so don't get your panties all in a bunch over it thinking about why this is inappropriate (and frankly, quite presumptious) on so many levels.

If Brecken were to hear (later in life) that he was considered the orgasm of life, he prolly might barf (as we all would when "behind-closed-door" references happen relating to our parents).

I always loved kids, but never was really around lots of them growing up. In fact, prior to Brecken being born, I could count the number of times that I even held a baby on one hand (Blake could too - it was one). And even though I heard it a million times before we held him, it really was true that "it's just different when it's your own".

I get SO much joy from being this little guy's mom. And unlike what Lululemon claims, the satisfaction FAR outlasts that of anything sexually related. This little boy is the ultimate high of life. {Leaving a legacy with him is what it's about}.

So dearest friends at Lululemon, I might have to disagree with you for once. Your hoodie design and tastes are exquisite, but really I'd be more apt to really agree that:

Children are the true money-suckers joy of life. Nothing about it is short-lived or fleeting. Raising your children is the real-meal-deal.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say much about the content of this post, but I like that you used the word "prolly."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button