Friday, October 1, 2010

Introducing the SAHM's Club

What is SAHM's Club (pronounced Sam's Club - completely unrelated and unaffiliated with Walmart's knockoff version of Costco)? It is the new association of choice in the Carbonatto household {Stay At Home Mom}.

After much back and forth deliberation and prayer, Blake and I have decided for our family that one full time job for each of us is plenty, and thus I reluctantly have resigned from my position at EastLake. I'm sure there will be many nostalgic posts in the weeks to come as I wrap everything up, but today I thought I'd share the list of what we're most excited about in joining the SAHM's Club - one according to Blake and then the other according to me.

From Blake's perspective:
1. Brecken gets your full attention
2. I get more of your attention
3. Vacations don't need to be planned around your work schedule
4. Brecken gets a dedicated teacher/trainer everyday
5. Our house will be picked up more regularly
6. You will be less stressed out
7. We will have a weekly meal schedule
8. You get to participate in all play dates
9. We get our weekends back
10. I can come home to dinner during the week

From Ashley's perspective:
1. More time to watch the DVR'd episodes of One Tree Hill, Glee, Life Unexpected, and Modern Family
2. Lots of play dates with friends and babies alike
3. A better effort at {ATTEMPTING} a weekly meal schedule
4. Vacations?! Great, glad we can still afford those!
5. Stress will now only be coming from one source instead of a culmination of many
6. Need to get my butt in gear and figure out how to teach Brecken - not sure I'm qualified for that!
7. No more excuses as to why I can't cook dinner I guess...watch out Pioneer Woman, Ashley's coming to town.
8. Will rekindle my {love-hate relationship with my running shoes}
9. I can now get back to my regularly scheduled dates with Matt & Meredith, Regis & Kelly, Drew, Ellen and all those appearing on HGTV.
10. Look for me to soon become a blogger-extraordinare (in theory)

As you can see, we don't quite see 100% eye-to-eye on what the expectations of a SAHM's Club Member are, but it is a work in progress and I'm confident that he will see the light sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. You've done wonders to all things families at ECC! You rocked, and you still do. :) Thanks girl, for everything! I'll now try to convince you to run half marathon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club my friend :) It aint easy - I thought I would have all the time in the world to do whatever I wanted, but even having one kid can be a lot of work sometimes. I know you will love it though - I wouldn't choose to be doing anything else but trying to be the best Mom & wife I can right now. (That's not to knock on working Mom's - everyone knows what's best for their own situation). Just trying to show my support and LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krislyn - it's because of people like you that have made this job so easy. And thank you, thank you Have - that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably the toughest job ever.....no question it is the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button