Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inspirational Fraud

I couldn't have said it better myself. Emily encapsulated my feelings exactly today:

I am just a regular girl.
A wife who loves her husband, but doesn’t always show it.
A mom who adores her babies, but runs out of patience.
A friend who cherishes her girls, but forgets to return calls.
A person so energized by being creative, but not without dry spells.
I am a homemaker who would rather rearrange furniture than dust it, repaint a bathroom than clean it, eat out than sit down and plan meals.

The main (seriously obvious) difference is that Emily is UBER-talented and does a great job at putting her best foot forward. Whereas me, well...we're in training.

Even though she may feel like she doesn't have it all together - it doesn't matter.

She is an inspiration.

Mom's like me need that.

Sometimes it's easy to compare. Even though that's a terrible idea that will simply do nothing more than rob me of my own (God-given) joy, what she does everyday inspires me to be a better mom.

Be a better wife.

Give my all in welcoming guests into my home.

Be that thoughtful friend with the extra personalized well-thought-out gift (for no reason).

So to you Emily: rest assured that you are not alone. None of us have it all together. We are all frauds on some level. But know that your efforts are not in vain. {In families, lives, and households that you do not even know - you are making a difference.} A book wreath will soon hang in my home made up of some monumental chapters within the Bible. All who enter our home will know who we serve. This is because of a simple inspiration from you.

You inspire through creativity and honesty, and that, at any level, is a gift.

2 comments:

  1. ashley ... you make me cry with your sweet words! What an absolute privilege to be used by God even in my total weakness. You are darling and bless others with your smile. Thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post! I will be reposting this fabulous quote on LMM and giving your blog credit. I am so happy you shared this with me, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button