Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Signature Scent

I'm a creature of habit. There, I admitted it.

I also have a super sensitive nose. For example, breakfast food. I HATE the smell of breakfast food. In my hair, on my clothes, in my pores. Ugh, sick. Gag me seven times over. I'd rather starve than leave a restaurant smelling like breakfast food.

To combat this, for almost all areas of my life, I like to smell 'that' scent of familiarity. {It gives me comfort. I feel at home.} It triggers nostalgia. I love it.

This may sound silly, but I want my kids and husband to know my scent. No, not that friendly scent that comes on days when a shower is not in the cards (oh come on, you do it too). But your scent.

In my home, it's vanilla.

In my car - vanilla.

In college, it was Blackberry & Vanilla.

In my trashcan....okay, I don't have a (nice) scent for that BUT I SHOULD.

Last year at Christmas time, I ran out of my perfume and so I decided I would give the scent world a whirl again to see if a change was in order. Bad idea. Who shops for new scents when they're pregnant?!

I surveyed friends and ended up trying samples of all these:

Marc Jacobs 'Lola'


Marc Jacobs 'Daisy'


Juicy Couture 'Viva la Juicy'


Trish McEvoy '#9'


But ultimately none of these worked in my nose world. I would put on my clothes and wonder "who borrowed my shirt" - because it didn't smell like me!

Thus, I decided my signature scent has been, and will remain for this season of my life:

Banana Republic 'Rosewood'


Do you have a signature scent? Do you change your scents in your home, car, or on you regularly? What are other must-live with nostalgia-invoking products essential to your everyday nose life?

1 comment:

  1. I have one scent that no matter what mood I'm in, it always makes me feel comforted and relaxed. It's Bath & Body Works "Lavender and Chamomile" from their spa collection. I have the lotion, pillow spray, body spray, oil burner, candle, wallflower, and bubble bath. I would seriously take a bath with it, lotion up, spray myself down, and spray my bed. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button