Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookies for Everyone

{I love cookies}.  Any kind.  Doesn't even matter.
Snickerdoodles. 
Chocolate Chip.  
Peanut Butter.  
Molasses.  
I don't discriminate.  In fact, just to make sure I don't leave anyone out, usually I'll sample every flavor in the name of feeding my belly sharing the love.

Well, you can imagine then to my delight when this little beaute showed up in my snail-mailbox last week.
Yes please, I would love to eat share cookies!

Confession: I sort of felt like a real big kid going to my very first cookie exchange.  I thought only MOM's did this....oh wait.....I digress.
Hmm....what to bake, and share....

Oh I know!
Chocolate Crackle Cookies.  YUUUMMM!!
Sidenote: a really good variation of these is to add 2 tablespoons of Peppermint Extract in the dough w/ candy cane crumbles on top after they bake - delish! 

Okay, wait, we're only working with 2 naptimes a day here, and I've got other things to do, so really I must confess that this was my secret:
That's right.  {You read it - I bake boxed cookies}.  Don't judge.  Frankly, they just taste better than anything I could whip up on my own, let's be honest.

It was a lovely evening (details here), and not only did I score some adorably decorated cookies to share as hostess gifts this week and other such nice neighborly gifts - I got to spend some QT with some great women.

So it's not too late.  Grab a couple of your best girlfriends, bake some (boxed) cookies, and do the switcheroo over a glass of wine or some really delicious holiday punch.  Because girlfriend time is much needed time. (especially when it involves food)


What do you do for girlfriend time?  What has been baking around your home this holiday season?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by over at my blog. Very nice to meet you.

    We have made lots of pumpkin bread, snowballs, and some cookies. Our fav is probably the pumpkin bread. Scrumptious!!

    Your baby is adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following back :)
    That all looks sooooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do go to eastlake, and we have met actually ;) i work in the 0-12 room some evening services!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what snowballs are Amy - are those the little powdered sugar balls of deliciousness?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa! Yes! Wow, so random to find you online too! I'm not on staff anymore, so I'm glad that I can hopefully connect with you more regularly on here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button