Thursday, December 30, 2010

Family Rules

Do you have established family rules in your home?  I believe in them.

Not in hard strict MUST-DO's (I said that in a really loud authoritative voice like King Tritan), but more in the sense of what our family stands for.

As Brecken grows up and we look forward to 2011, I thought it would be a good idea to write a couple things down.

I considered a constitution...
But I'm not that creative.

Then I saw Sassy Sanctuary's version and thought, "I can do that!"
So cute right?!

So to Picasa and Picnik I went.   

**PS, if you haven't downloaded these free softwares yet - DO IT.**

I knew I wanted it to be on 12x12 paper (because that is the size frame that I have the most of around the house), so I set the dimensions in Picnik to 1600x1600.  This way, the image wouldn't be distorted when it came time to print.
A billion fonts and some serious click and drag later, this is what I came up with:

Do you love it?!  Okay, I do, so hopefully you do too. :)

I decided that I needed it up on display in my house ASAP.  Costco.com Photocenter to the rescue!  They printed it SAME DAY (2 hours!), for a whopping $2.99.
PS I printed it in lustre not glossy.  Always the way to go in my book.
I switched out the 12x12 scrapbook paper in one of the 3 IKEA Fjallista 20x20 black frames I have in our family room, and got this:


It's not in the EXACT display that I ultimately envision, but I'm excited to have it up right now.  I'm thinking that a thrift store mission will be in place this week for something more ornate like this {sans (weird) Mona}:
Recent dollar store purchase.
If you have something like this already up - SHARE IT!  

I love to see the foundations of your family and how you display these.

Can't wait to share with you tomorrow another personalized piece of mantel art to reflect the upcoming year!!!

PS this was all completed during two naptimes - one to create and the other to display.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On a completely different note, 
Jake Locker and our beloved Huskies play in the Holiday Bowl tonight.   
Go Dawgs!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Its SO cute! I love the monogram in the background. Thanks for sending the link and for the linky love. I'm glad my version inspired you. It really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude teach me how to do this stuff.....I need to be more crafty and I think you are the perfect teacher! I just need to make time to do it. I love the rules and totally want one for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love one! S for Simon and established in 2004. Your blog is so fun to read. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly - REALLY bad news! My document is LOCKED and I cannot figure out how to unlock it! I'll make it up to you I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button