Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Give Yourself a Raise

{If someone offered you $1,000 - who wouldn't take it}?  I'm not ashamed to say that I would definitely make my way to the front of the line with my baby-food-crusted-fingers ready and willing to place that wad right in my cardigan pocket.

Well, I learned from my dear friend Nate the other day, that by using my coffee machine each day, instead of the ritualistic Caffe Ladro run (not a Starbucks fan - take it up with me later), I can save myself $1,000 each year!  Then, when saved and invested over a period of time, that can amount up to $75,000 for your retirement nest egg.  Cha-ching!

Now we're speaking my language.  That's worth it enough for me to try my hand at this penny-saving tip.

Thus, let's introduce CoffeeMate Caramel Macchiato creamer into my life:

So you're telling me that if I add a little of this deliciousness into my morning cup of coffee, then I can convince Blake that I deserve (at least) $75,000 raise?!  :)



For more simple money-saving tips, a la Nate Berkus, check him out here.  Or for more day-to-day budgeting help, follow my good friend Punch Debt in the Face.

What is your go-to flavor of coffee creamer?  Would you rather piss away spend your $1,000 a year for that barista-brewed cup o' jo?


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post.

    I am lucky enough that my office supplies coffee, so I'm set during the week. But, I absolutely love my Keurig on the weekends. While it's fun to get a latte from my local barista stand or my Tully's (I hate Starbucks, just so we're clear) I find it more satisfying to make myself a cup with my favorite creamer, Vanilla Nut (or Hazelnut!).

    And just so you know, I am currently enjoying a cup of "Donut House" coffee with the Caramel Macchiato creamer you posted above. It tastes even better now after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. And I'm a Hazlenut girl. Or Italian Sweet Cream. Much prefer my home-brewed Stumptown (or Peets in a pinch) with creamer to a latte anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I'm def going to have to try Vanilla Nut - that sounds good! And Jaime, what is Italian Sweet Cream like? Might have to sample that one too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italian sweet cream is amazing-- but add a little Torani syrup to that.... Scrappy AND yummy!;) taking requests now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After kid #2 came along, I found that going to get coffee at a shop (unless it's a drive-thru) never happens.
    Glad that some money can be saved in the process!
    I've found that in the world of creamers, Coffeemate is SO much better than International Delight or any other creamer brand. Some favorite flavors: Amaretto, Peppermint Mocha and Good Old Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button