Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tablescape

Using my Table Inspiration, I finally have put together a tablescape that I'm excited to host our first family Christmas event of 2010 with tomorrow.

I used some thrifty-ness coupled with a little bit of twine and some DIY book page inspiration and wa-la, this is what I've come up with:
 Okay, it wasn't actually snowing on my cute candles, {but I thought it would be fun to pretend}.
 A little dollar store glitter snowflake.  Perf.
 Transformation from plain candles to perfect centerpiece.  Using a little Mod Podge (read online that it wasn't flammable), coupled with some ripped out book pages and wa-la! No tutorial required - these are SO easy.
 Red chargers.  Love.
 Personalized place-settings.  Easy to find your seat!
Tag download courtesy of Jones Design Company.
The menu is non-traditional which sort of excites me even more.  This family has opted for a Taco Extravaganza.  Sort of doesn't go with my cute table, but who cares - something has to feel Christmasy. :) 

Do you have a typical Christmas meal?  Or does your family do some sort of fun non-traditional twist?

Linking today to:

PhotobucketFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreamingThe DIY Show OffPhotobucket


7 comments:

  1. Ashley-

    Love those book page candles {and I did the same with my chandelier}...

    Your blog layout is adorable! Did you DIY it?

    If you have time...link your candles up at my creative juice party!

    <3 another sahm...
    nicolette @

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will all go just perfect with tacos! The candles are great....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicolette - I just linked up to your party!! And I wish that I had the skills to DIY my blog layout, but Jenn@MunchkinLand Designs did it for me and I TOTALLY recommend spending the $40ish for her work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you SCD & Naptime - it's always nice to hear the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley-

    DIYing it wasn't that hard...it took a lot of patience and time...the only thing I can't figure out yet is the navigation buttons...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice...Hope to see you back this week!

    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up at trendy pockets! These are adorable!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button