Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top Projects of 2010

With so many new readers (I squeal with excitement everytime I get one!), I thought I'd join in on Southern Hospitality's Top Projects Party and give you a quick walk-through.

1.  Brecken's Nursery
From the inspiration (his bedding):

To the final product:
I still swoon everytime I walk into his room.  The two-tone greys, the vinyl...just LOVE it!

Master Bedroom Canvas Art
New bedding
Chair rail and two-tone greys
New Lulu jacket
Fav sweater of current
Obsessed much?  I think I'm in a rut....

This little doo-dad has changed our life and the way we do organization.  It's the hub for all things Carbonatto related and I LOVE it.  Plus, Bistro Markers are my new fav thing - I want them in every color!

4.  Adding a Third
Okay maybe this isn't technically a project, but it sure did feel like one!  2010 will always be the year marked by the addition of our first-born, Brecken Mathew.
From the showers thrown by friends and family:
To the loot received in anticipation of his arrival:
And the last pictures of us pre-baby:
A top list could not go without the mentioning of the joy of our life now:

We couldn't be more proud of our friends and family who came together to build a well.  {This is one of the best accomplishments of our lifetime thus far}.

and I can't wait to see the life change that comes of it.  Check out charity:water to see how you can get involved too.

6.  Family Rules

And a special thanks to my inspiration:
This blog wouldn't exist if it weren't for the creative...








and

reluctant entertainer
Without these women, my book page accessories would be nil in my home
I wouldn't know how to entertain my guests
Or how to embrace my own unique quirks.

{They inspire me to be a better wife, mom, entertainer, decorator and friend}.

For 2011, I still have TONS on my to-do list.

1.  Stenciled Wall:

2.  Organized Pantry
House of Smiths

 3.  Stairwell pizazz
cottage instincts
 
There you have it, top posts from this year, and anticipated fav projects for the year to come.  Inspired and excited!


Link up and share your top posts too!
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Rhoda's - I LOVE your little boy's bedroom! (And he is darling too!! I miss having boys that little!!) The wall saying is so cute! I've been thinking about making over my son's room, I might have to steal this idea! Love your blog and I hope you have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a brown, black and gray girl myself. My Hubs always says, "Where's the color???" and I tell him to Hush! Love your blog girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....now you have totally inspired me to organze my pantry. We'll see who's turns out better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button