Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm so excited for 2011 - not sure exactly what this year has in store for us, but I can only imagine based on the blessings we've been given in years past.

I was so excited thinking about all that we have in the coming months, that I went straight to Picnik and whipped up this little beaute of all our upcoming Winter Activities.
It's a cute and cheap way I thought to change out my Christmas Mantel for something a little more wintery...and personalized.

Once I had it created, I simply sent it to my local FedEx Kinkos to be printed (our color printer has no ink....you think a simple trip to Staples could solve that....too lazy). 

I placed it in a recent thrift store frame I had on hand (and gave a quick coat of black spray paint)...wa-la, my new mantel!
Do you see the adorable black and white print on the left?  That's my new fav piece that I ordered from Canvas People with their amazing Christmas Special.  It's the 18x24, and then I mounted it on another thrift store frame that received some black spray paint as well.
Total cost $1.29.
 Total Naptimes to complete: 1

{What is on your calendar for this winter?  Have you displayed these upcoming events in a creative way?  Any New Years resolutions you are bound and determined to stick to this year?}

 




Linking up to:

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Picnik, I've always wanted to try it, and now you have convinced me to download it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! i love crafts on a budget...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Picnik... THANK YOU! I am already loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this!! SUCH a great idea. And it seems you live in Washington. Lucky! I miss it So. Much.

    I'd love for you to come link this up to my linky party! www.littleEme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and clever! Well done! What a Happy Home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys - linking up MaleahBliss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button