Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's A Book

Everyone always stresses the huge importance of reading to your child.  I couldn't agree more.  Reading builds vocabulary.  Cultivates imagination.  And frankly, makes you smarter than a 5th grader.

Well some days, I've said goodnight to the moon enough times to make me want to pull my hair out.  

And mama has called the doctor on those darn monkeys four hundred and one billion times (the bill must be outrageous really).

So I came across a hilarious, for-the-kids-but-more-for-the-parents new book to add to our collection.

It's A Book.

Our kids are going to grow up with iPads, Kinects, and other virtual plug-it-into-the-wall items, and this book is a satire on how our kids will grow up.

It's freaking hilarious.


Slight disclaimer: for those with older children, the last line in the book is "It's a book, jackass".  Not to call names, but because duh, the guy is a jackass. A DONKEY.
See.  He's just a donkey.

So obviously when I read it to Brecken, I just don't say that last word (because I don't need him learning jackass as a first word...even though that would be really funny bad parenting).

Instead, I just switch it to Donkey.  "It's a book, silly donkey."  Wow, that was easy.

The disclaimer is that for anyone who gets their panties in a bunch about some generational pun, don't buy this book.  Everyone else, buy it for the next baby shower you go to.  Super funny.  Relevant.

We all need a good laugh everyday, and need something every day that is just for mommy.   

Today, for me, it's a book.

*PS - this is totally my own personal opinion, and before you fear that I've jumped off a cliff and think it's okay to teach my kids swear words, just remember "It's a book, silly donkey."

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious Ash! I kinda hope Brecken's first word is Jackass... I don't even have kids yet but I have stumbled across a few other books are fun for adults as well as children. I will have to post some other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower from the blog hop! I would love it if you followed me back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button