Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vintage Valentine

Brecken's Valentines are a many.  Literally.  This kid has {as the rappers say} hoes in different area codes.   {Am I allowed to say that on here?  It's my blog, so yep!}.

So naturally he told me that making a little something to let each of his girls know he loves them for his first Valentine's Day was a must.

I've seen some adorable printables around blogland, and thought {with a little inspiration from Fireflies & Jellybeans}, we can whip up a little something for the women in Brecken's life.

Using my fav program, Picnik, we transformed this picture:
To this homemade Valentine:
Quick Picnik instructions: Upload picture, adjust Color and Saturation to get desired "vintage" black and white look
This kid kills me.  So cute right?

I then printed them on kraft paper (I suppose you could use paper grocery bags too).  NOTE: in order to feed them through my printer, I needed to cut the kraft paper to an 8.5x11 size AND adhere to a piece of cardstock).
I used that roller adhesive for the kraft paper and cardstock.

I'm pretty excited with how these adorable vintage-looking cards turned out.  So simple, and FREE.

I gave a quick little trim to the edges (rounded corners) and now...

this little man is ready to spread his Valentine's love.

PS - I would LOVE it if you would subscribe or follow my blog - imagine a beautiful email post straight to your inbox from me everyday.



Linking today to:
Whipperberry Friday Flair
handmade projectsToday's Creative BlogHouseofHepworths

5 comments:

  1. You sure out did yourself here, Ashley. Seriously, LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little Stud Muffin! I think I might have to try something similar with my daughter to send to the grandparents! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just simply beautiful.. You are very creative. I am very pleased to have stumbled upon your blog. ♥ I will defintally be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brooke
    Grandparents LOVE these sort of things - good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button