Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Room Progress & a Tutorial

Whew, I have been a project maniac lately and am so excited to start sharing some of the progress on these big projects.

As you may remember, we decided to take on an office-playroom-craftroom re-do all at once.  Re-do 3 rooms at once?  Right before we go on vacation for 2 weeks?  Sure, why not!

Have I ever mentioned how difficult this is when you have a maniac crawling baby??  I digress...

I don't of course want to do a full reveal until we're completely done, but I am quite pleased with how things are coming together (in all 3 rooms)!

One of my fav decorative elements for the playroom was going to be the ever-popular pennant flag buntings per my computer rendering.

During Monday's not-so-surprising Bachelor Finale on Monday (even though I'm a Seattle girl, I was definitely Team Emily for the record), I decided to get my craft on and whip up that little pennant flag loveliness.
A quick trip to Joanns {40% off coupon in hand of course} and I was ready to go.

Step 1: Measure length of flags & ribbon you are going to need.
Notice the freshly painted {grey} walls.

Step 2: Create a flag template.  Measure so that your triangle is exact.

Step 3: Begin tracing template onto fabric and cut away.

I advise having a good show like The Bachelor on to entertain you, along with some cookie dough, because this process may take a long {tedious} time.

Step 4: Glue each flag onto the ribbon.  I chose not to do each flag double-sided (since it would be against the wall), but it would be simple to make it so that the pennants can hang on display in any direction.

Step 5: Hang it up for all to see!


We've also picked up a little table & {soon to be} chairs for the munchkin to eventually do his own art projects at.
And added the ever-so-clutch storage to hide all of those toys.
I'll give you some more updates on the craft room tomorrow which I am SUPER excited about.  This is going to a room that screams ME.  Contemplating a "No Boys Allowed" sign on the front door.  :)


Linking today to:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Too adorable! I love all the colors/patterns you chose.

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...