Monday, April 11, 2011

Embellished Tote

Today I bring you cute AND functional.  Always a great combo.

My Friday was spent at the beloved Ikea.   
I just love Ikea.

Well to my delight, I stumbled across this little number and got super excited!

The little man began swim lessons last week, and I knew that this would make for the perfect swim tote.

For $5.99, this beaute comes in an adorable magenta (this picture looks red, but it's magenta IRL), an ocean blue and navyI needed one in every color.  Naturally.


Using this tutorial, I whipped up some fun little flowers to embellish my new swim lesson tote.

I picked up the buttons as a 3-pack at the local fabric store for $1.79.  Deal.

Now I feel prepared to haul all of the crap that needs to come along for swim lessons (anyone?! - SO MUCH STUFF - who knew?!)

So cute right?!  Don't you want one?!  
I think it'd be super cute with the child's initial, or fabric monogram in the middle.  

I'm excited for my new spring/summer tote.


**I'd love it if you subscribed or followed my blog to stay up-to-date on all the One in the SAHM happenings!  It's pretty much the cool thing to go.**

Linking today to:
Inspired By You Wednesdays
Delightful Order

 
Today's Creative Blog
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrapup




9 comments:

  1. So cute, sweetie! Wait till you start playing with your new Silhouette - it can cut fabric!! Super easy for making monograms, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Def need a trip to ikea in my near future! :) can't wait to see the bagbin action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only at Ikea can you get those bags for that price.

    I am having a fine art photography giveaway by Melanie Alexandra on my blog. Just leave me a comment telling me which is your favorite image to win a 8x8/8x10 photograph of your choice.Please check it out!
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.comhttp://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/fine-art-photography-giveaway-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love IKEA!!! but I love your version even better. so cute :)

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! love it - thanks for linking to my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party!
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stripes, these are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! I wish we had an ikea here in vegas!

    kisses
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAY cute- love it! Would love for you to link this up :)


    Lolly Jane
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I featured this today. Stop by and grab a button if you'd like.
    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/04/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party-8.html
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...