Thursday, April 7, 2011

Name Prints

As you can remember from this post, I think one of the most thoughtful ways you can give a gift to someone for a special occasion, is to personalize it.

I don't know about you, but along with the billion wedding invites that end up in our mailbox, there also must be something SERIOUSLY in the water, because the baby boom in our life is in full effect{More friends for Brecken!}

I'm not a professional graphic designer by any means, but Picnik and Picasa can help aid those that aren't as graphically inclined as some people.

Enter the Name Print.

Our friends welcomed a beautiful little baby girl a couple months ago, and in addition to a Homemade Headband, and of course a cute outfit, I wanted to give her something personalized.

Using google image search, I sourced out several "backgrounds" that I could upload into Picnik.
Damask - can't remember the source

I then just began adjusting the colors, tints and adding text in Picnik.  

And then let my little creative juices run wild.

See, there are literally a MILLION different things you could do with these.

For printing, you can either print at home, or I usually just upload the final one to FedEx Kinkos or Costco (depending on the size) and print.  It usually runs me about $1.50-$3.00.  

To get you started, I came across an entire SERIES of printables from Sprik Space and she has graciously provided 13 patterns in 25 color ways!
I do love everything aqua and chevron right now.
She set them up to print in 12x12, which I know from my Family Rules, that Costco prints for $2.99.  Once mounted in an Ikea frame - GREAT, cheap wall art.

Young House Love

Click here to browse her collection, and start personalizing some name prints.  Did I mention she put these up for free???



Linking today to:
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Snatching this idea up right now, seriously! Thanks Ashley for the amazing {and free} idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Pretty stinkin' awesome baby gift, if you ask me! Great work, I hope you'll stop by my blog sometime, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...