Friday, April 15, 2011

War Wound

One of the things that I was most excited about, and feared, all at the same time with having a boy is their innate fearlessness.

Well, this spirit in Brecken shows through daily and unfortunately had some consequences yesterday.

Look at how sad those eyes are?!

Despite my fervent warnings, this little boy has a strong spirit, and touched the fireplace yesterday {dang you Seattle for needing a fireplace on in APRIL} only to lead to a pretty rotten night of doctor's office, lots of gauze, and some serious pain and crying.

I obviously felt super bad, but have prayed away the guilt and am working on just giving my strong-willed, fearless little boy some quality TLC over the next few days while he has no use of his hands.

And for an independent kid, this is tough for him too. 

But we'll survive. 

All will be well in no time.  And I know that there will probably be many more war wounds to come with the spirit of this little boy.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you poor things! I know that, hard it was for the baby, it was so much worse for you! So NOT your fault!! They have to learn, Mama! *hugs* I hope you're not feeling too bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this is the view the fireplace glass had seconds before the burn...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pgWNrZky7w8/TaR-Gq5J9NI/AAAAAAAABOk/OHVlXhj4aBU/s1600/IMG_2128-1.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JordanHaha - so funny and probably SO true!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...