Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Photo Editing: Presets

One of our best investments in the last two years has been a good DSLR camera.  And although we're still learning how to use this bad boy to it's fullest potential, I just LOVE the picture results that we've been able to capture.

I'll let you in on a little secret though: presets, presets, presets.  I've mentioned before that Adobe Lightroom is my go-to editing software (a friend downloaded it on my computer for free - find one of those friends!).

I recently came across some BEAUTIFUL presets from Pretty Presets.




She offers some awesome filters to edit your photos, that you can purchase in large groups for only $25.

I purchased the Fall In Love Collection...
How cute is this picture?

...and took my pictures from this:
Silly Saxyn
To this:
Cropped w/ Blueberries preset

Or from this:

To this:

If you have a photo editing software, I highly recommend checking out Pretty Presets because it truly takes your photos to the next level.


I always need cute pictures for all of my fun thrift store frames I find.  (Does anyone else have a bagillion empty frames around their house?  Just me?)

A DSLR, Lightroom, and presets are all a slight investment I realize, {but truly capturing these fleeting moments of our family is priceless.  At least in this house it is}. 


 
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook - let's be friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    Based on your recommendation from a few months ago...I found one of "those" friends, and was able to get a free copy of Adobe Lightroom. I love the effects that you can put on each of the pictures - although sometimes the choices are overwhelming!

    There is a program that is free called Picnik. Have you tried it? You can use it with Google's Picasso software and it's completely free, although I think you can upgrade and pay a fee to have more effects available to put on each photo.

    It's pretty cool - I use it occasionally when I don't have time to go through everything on Lightroom.

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Recent Projects

Xmas Card Display Hutch Revamp Spring Wreath Playroom Pennants Established Plaque
Vintage Valentines
Stenciled Lamp
Homemade Headbands

Items2Love

Women Online

Designed by:

Elements by Amy Teets

Featured On

homemade crafts UndertheTableandDreaming

Modern Wivelyhood

Grab My Button