Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Major Hiatus = OVER

Holy bajeepers - I have been off in la la land (or I'm sure you all thought) for the last...FOREVER.

Let's get the nitty gritty over with and update you on the MAJOR changes that have occurred in the One in the SAHM household:

1.  House is sold, and we've moved.  What a process that was!  Whose brilliant idea was it to move anyway?  :)  If you weren't able to see the house we said goodbye to, you can check out a little mini tour here.

So does that mean we're homeless?  NOPE!  My gracious parents (who are Arizona snowbirds) have offered up their vacant home for us to hang out in for the next 5-6 months while our new house is being built.

Yep, you read that right: I am one lucky girl... 


2.  We are building our (for now) dream house...or as close to it as we can afford. :)

We actually had our first official meeting with the builder today to go over our entire contract and begin picking paint colors, hardwood floor colors, cabinet hardware, etc and I couldn't have been more giddy.

Here's a picture of the lot.  Construction has begun.  Foundation is poured and framing started today!


It may not look like a whole lot right now, but just you wait...it's going to be AWESOME!

This means that I've got some serious dreaming to do in the next several months.  Thank the Lord for Pinterest when you're building a house.  To follow me just click here.

The only other thing that we're praying for is just for construction to stay on track.  Estimated finish time is end of February/beginning of March.  That doesn't leave a whole lot of margin for us to get in there before...

3.  The next baby Carbonatto joins us!  That's right...this girl is prego again!  I officially started my second trimester yesterday and it feels oh so good to be 1/3 of the way done already.  Plus, earlier this summer, we experienced the other end of this wonderful joy and that was in the form of a miscarriage.  Our hearts hurt for the loss of that baby, but I know the baby is in good hands now and I anxiously await our meeting someday in heaven.  It now makes the joy of getting to hold THIS baby sometime in late March that much more amazing.  Heartache to joy in a matter of months.

(insert cute prego picture here...and cute announcement pic...oh wait, I don't have any.  :) )

So yeah, some major changes have resulted in a blog world hiatus.  But the good news is...I still got it, and I'm back!
I leave you with this: another major milestone we experienced - Brecken getting his first stitches a few weeks back.
Pre-stitches.  Lots 'o blood.  Don't worry - it came out of his Husky shirt. :)
My little Frankenstein.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your impending arrival and your soon-to-be new home... Lots of good things are happening! Looks like your little guy took his injury like a man ;o) Glad to see you're back, your blog is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ashley! What happened to poor Mr. Brecken???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah lots of changes! Congrats on the new baby, how exciting! March is the perfect month for a baby :) Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome baaack! excited about baby number 2! i've been waiting for that announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats ashley! new baby, wow. . . so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it! I had a feeling Brecken was becoming a big brother. So sorry to hear about the baby you lost :( Thankful that baby is resting at the feet of Jesus. Congratulations on all the exciting new things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening in your family! I am excited to see new projects you tackle for the new house and if/when you DO post some preggo pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...